Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Blackstone Affair Part 1: Naked




Although there are many books out in the woodwork after the Fifty Shades series, I have to say this book enthralled me with its tragically damaged Brynne and her mysterious past. We know something terrible happened to her and yet we await anxiously to find out exactly what it was. When we first start reading the book we meet Ethan Blackstone and find out he owns a security business with clients that are very important if not hush hush. We are intrigued by the way he accepts a job after seeing a picture...who could it be we wonder. Then we meet Brynne who is doing nude modeling for extra money and her pictures are on sale at a gallery where we run into again Ethan who buys her pictures and then offers to drive her home. She agrees to the ride and the snack he gets her then falls asleep on the way. Once home he makes sure she gets to her flat safely then leaves. The next day she gets a call from him demanding dinner...I must say I love these main characters when they are so demanding and god awful handsome. They flirt around a bit and finally they have mind blowing sex only to have her fall asleep and freak out then leave him. I felt so sorry for him because he seemed to really want to be there for her to keep her safe. He apologizes the next day and they get together again. Through the whole book he romances her and they have mind blowing sex but as all good things must come to an end she finds out her dad hired him to protect her. Thus we must end the story and await the next installment. I would rate this book a four out of five, I really love the way the characters just seem to be right there with you. I would recommend this book to everyone! I was given this book by NetGalley to read and give my honest opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment