Monday, February 17, 2014

Thrown for a Curve (Perfect Fit #2) by Sugar Jamison


Description: 
WHEN YOU'RE A BIG GIRL
Cherri has often wished she were thin and graceful like a ballerina instead of being a six-foot-tall blonde with curves that require serious caution. Surely a charming Irishman like her new boss Colin, with his throaty brogue and to-die-for bod, would never go for someone like Cherri. Unless maybe he's looking for the exact opposite of a delicate lass?

THERE'S MORE OF YOU TO LOVE
When Colin hired Cherri to work in his furniture-restoration shop, he had his eyes, first and foremost, on her artistic talents. But now he can't help but see Cherri for the lush, spirited beauty that she is...and, soon enough, he finds himself mixing business with pleasure. But Cherri turns out to be more vulnerable than she appears. Is she in need of more than Colin can give? Or could it be that a feeling stronger than lust has him thrown for a curve?

Publication Date: February 25, 2014

Review: **I have received this book from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinion.**
Okay, to begin with, I have never read the first book in this series as I had never heard of it before. However, after reading this book and getting to know Cherri's grandmother, I wonder if she has any appearances in that book as well and if so, I will for sure get that on my to read list. The author really draws us into the drama going on in Cherri's life. I personally understand most of it from a first hand experience  point of view and I can honestly say every time a situation arose it brought tears to my eyes and made me love them even more. I really related to these characters and the feelings Cherri has about certain situations, however at times I wanted to scream at her to open her eyes and move on before it's too late. 

When a much anticipated yet horrible death occurs, I feel that is when Cherri becomes annoying. I mean I do understand why she is behaving the way she is, but with those that love her and the help and shoulders they could offer I just didn't get it. She has a gorgeous Irishman wanting to love her, she has best friends who would do anything for her and yet she still falls into her depression. Yes I know I should feel more for her as depression is such a common thing, however, I just feel like there were so many options she could have taken that she didn't and some of the problems that occur are all on her. I did however absolutely love the ending.  I laughed, I cried, I groaned with frustration and still I wouldn't rate this book any less than 4 stars. 

Buy Links

Amazon/Kindle


No comments:

Post a Comment