Monday, February 17, 2014

The Billion Dollar Bachelor by Jackie Ashenden


Description: ***The Billionaire's Club: A fabulously sexy contemporary series about some of the world's wealthiest, most powerful men and the women they claim...and keep.***

Jax Morrow is a dangerously handsome, spectacularly wealthy entrepreneur whose world is turned upside down when Pandora Garret walks into a dark, smoky bar one night- a stunning combination of sex and innocence. He knows she's trouble at first sight, but Jax can't let her leave...unless she's leaving with him. Pandora has had enough. Kept under lock and key by her powerful, controlling father, she aches for freedom. When she briefly escapes and meets Jax she knows he is just what she has been looking for: forbidden, unforgettable passion. After one night in Jax's arms, Pandora knows she can never go back to living under one man's domination. Determinded to control her own life she tries to resist Jax, but a dangerous desire rises between them- one that threatens to destroy them. But both Pandora and Jax discover that they just can't be pulled away...

Publication Date: February 11, 2014

Review:  **I received this book from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinions.**In the beginning when we meet poor Pandora, we immediately get a sense of who she is and how she was raised. She has bodyguards that seem a bit overbearing, she has a father who uses her to his advantage and it appears she is to be married off to someone that in the long run would help out her father's "business".  When she gets away from them and makes a run for it, I just knew she was going to make an incredible getaway that I would be proud of....not so much...she only went into a bar..??? Yes, this is me confused...personally if I were trying to make a miraculous getaway I would go far, far away not down the way and into a bar. Anyway, here is where we meet the incredibly gorgeous Jax....just his name makes you want to lick him up and down! I swear I had to wipe my chin to clean off the drool. These authors sure do have some amazing imaginations and their characters can make you sweat lol. As I was saying, in the bar is where we meet Jax, he seems to be the ultra alpha male and I could understand Pandora's instant attraction to him. I would have run off with him too. Sensing he is just what she needs to get away for awhile she chooses to leave with him and go back to his place. 

I'm skipping ahead here because ***sigh*** you are going to want to read this yourselves.  After a night of pleasure, our characters awaken to find something horrible has happened. Again, I'm not blowing what is going on by telling you...but I will say that I started rubbing my hands together with glee.....

Skipping ahead again, here is where our main character Pandora gets on my nerves...she knows she has feelings for Jax, we know he has feelings for her, he more or less shouted in her face after she goes through the trouble of breaking through his barriers....only to decide herself it is too risky and too constricting for her newly freed self. I was about ready to smack the bitch and it was then I would have thrown a paperback book against the wall...however since I was on my tablet that wasn't an option lol. Continuing to read the book, she does earn her way back into my good graces and I really would have to say I did enjoy the ending but I feel there should have been a bit more. 

I am rating this book in at 3 1/2 stars, but since there isn't a half option, I'm rounding up to 4 stars!!!

Buy Links

Amazon/Kindle

B&N/ Nook

No comments:

Post a Comment