Sunday, February 9, 2014

Deadly Beginnings by Jaycee Clark


Description: Jaycee Clark is best known for her Deadly books, a series of romantic suspense novels featuring the very sexy Kinncaid brothers. But before Aiden, Ian, Brayden, Gavin, and Quinlan there was Jock Kinncaid, the charismatic patriarch to the Kinncaid family, and Kaitlyn O'Reilly, the woman who captured his heart forever.

Kaitlyn O'Reilly, an RN, believed she'd found love with the charming and well-liked surgeon she'd met at work. Landon Goldburg was kind, attentive, and she thought they had so much in common. Now engaged, the good doctor has quickly become the man of her nightmares. As he grows more controlling and violent, Kaitlyn wants her freedom.

Jock Kinncaid can't stop thinking about the quietly beautiful--- and engaged--- redhead he met at a fund-raising gala months ago. He knows a spitfire lurks beneath the surface of this woman who's invaded his dreams, and he knows she's exactly what's been missing from his otherwise ideal life. When a chance meeting thows the two of them together again, Jock swears he won't let her get away this time. 

But even as Jock vows to protect the woman he loves and Kaitlyn struggles to trust Jock and the passion between them, the deranged doctor is bent on destroying them both, even if it means killing the only thing he loves.

Publication Date: January 27, 2014

Review: When I saw this book, I knew I had to read it!! I have enjoyed all of the other books in this series, and when I saw it was starting at the beginning of them all, I was like OMG!! When I started the book I got chills....I tell you the wording and the way the character behaves....chills is all I can say. During my first glimpse of Jock I thought yummy, why do all these Kinncaid men have to be so damn sexy??? I smiled when he gets a glimpse of Kaitlyn and he decides that she is the one he is going to marry one day. I had issues with everyone at this party, they had to see the way the doctor was treating her and yet no one said or did anything on her behalf. Jock at least said a few things with hidden undertones. When next we encounter our main characters they have run into each other again and she is trying to rid herself of the psycho doctor. I loved the time they spent together, it was sweet as well as sexy. It's nice to have romantic sex scenes these days and not just the dirty sex we get so used to reading anymore. When she ends up attacked again by psycho I was ready to kill him myself. The way Jock handles things I thought was just as she describes him. He was like a knight in shining armor, rescuing a damsel in distress. The way you get to watch their love for each other grow is so sweet and the things he does for her shows how much he does care for her. The ending of the book was so incredible, not only do find out what happens to a certain someone, we get to read about the offspring that we already know so much about in current books. Overall I would rate this book at five stars, not only because of the excitement and drama, but because of the emotion the author makes you feel as you read their story unfold. 

Buy Links

Amazon

Barnes & Noble


No comments:

Post a Comment