Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Secret Santa


I always love the books that come out during the holidays, the Christmas ones are my favorite though. This book is called Secret Santa and has four different stories by four different authors. I have only ever read books by two of the authors and that is why I requested to read it, but I have to say other than one great story I was sadly disappointed.

  Mister Christmas by Fern Michaels: I have read numerous books by this author and it has been hit or miss for each book of her's I have read. This one was a little bit of in the middle of that.  I loved the idea of a wealthy man inviting his lawyer to his home overseas saying he was dying, which turns out to be a ruse because he wants her to marry his handsome nephew. Now where it starts to go haywire is after she refuses to marry him and decides to leave, they start getting hot for each other. He takes her in his private plane to go home and all of a sudden they are in a relationship. I know the author had to make it a short story, but she could have made it more believable. I do like the ending, it's very touching and in the Christmas spirit, but I still didn't care for it.

The Yellow Rose of Christmas by Marie Bostwick: I absolutely hated this story, I had to force myself to read all of it. I was confused at times and just plain bored at others. I didn't care for the characters, I didn't even really care for the story the author was trying to convey. Overall I repeat, I hated it.

Nightmare on Elf Street by Laura Levine: I loved this story, I laughed my butt off frequently while reading it and only wished it could have been longer. Janie goes for a job interview based on a fib, and is told she is exactly what they are looking for, only if she agrees to be an elf in the Store for Christmas. Wanting the job she agrees and is given a horrible costume. While being an elf, there is some romance, not for her, mischief, mayhem and even murder ( he had it coming). I was drawn into this story so much and can't say how much I loved it.

Room at the Inn by Cindy Myers: I had never read anything by this author before, and I have to say I really enjoyed it. This story shows the true meaning of having Christmas spirit. The characters are amazing and their stories are so wonderful. This story left me wanting more, I want to know what happens afterwards.

Overall I would rate this book at a three stars since I only cared for two stories. I received this book from the publisher via NetGalley for an honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment