Thursday, January 2, 2014

King Cave by Scarlett Dawn


Description: The safe, comfortable world of Lily Ruckler and her fellow Mystical Kings and Queens is rocked to the core by the attacks at King Hall. Not only does Lily have to kill the Commoners attacking her people, she also has to assume the mantle of leadership, and bring the surviving Mysticals to King Cave. 

It should have been too much, but she is not alone. Ezra becomes her rock, her best friend, the one person who understands. As Pearl and Jack struggle with inconsolable loss, Ezra and Lily work to keep the Mys community safe in their new home, and plan a deadly retaliation. 

Their friendship saves them both...but it also draws attention. Whispers. Judgment. It's not normal for Shifters and Vampires to be friends, and when a horrifying truth is revealed, their relationship morphs from unusual to unspeakable. Lily is good at keeping secrets that could get her killed. Is she willing to risk Ezra's life as well?


Publication Date January 2014
Author Scarlett Dawn

Review:For my first book of the year to be finished I have to say I waited very IMPATIENTLY for this book to come out. I had pre-ordered it awhile back so it was quite a wait for me. First off I have to say that if you haven't read the first book in the series King Hall, then read it before you read this one, because King Cave picks up exactly where the first book left us hanging. On a second note, where the first book had so much sexual tension and no sex scenes, just the knowledge that one or the other had been having sex with others, this book we get our sex scenes!!!I was crying from almost the very beginning with the pain and suffering I knew that Jake and Pearl were going to be feeling with the loss of their mates from the previous book, I love how the author set it up to put a spell on them so they wouldn't remember and were able to help Ezra and  Lily get as many Mys to safety as possible. This book really shows us the connection between Antonio and Lily and how much they really mean to each other. It also shows us that Ezra's dad can be more than his scary self at times. I swear I really didn't want to bring in the new year with tears but I couldn't help myself as I read and read because I couldn't put this book down and let me tell you that started a pretty heated little argument with the hubby lol. Anyway, back to the book at hand, there is so much pain, love, and some questions answered that you may become a little overwhelmed with the fact that....there is going to be a third book and we are left hanging AGAIN!!!! DAMNIT I say lmao, even though I pretty much knew going into it there was to be a third book I cried out in horror when this one ended and I knew I was going to have to wait for god knows how long before getting the next one! This book was better than my expectations in more ways than one and I cannot wait for the next one!! 

Buy It Here

No comments:

Post a Comment