Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Lake (The Lake Trilogy #1) by AnnaLisa Grant


Description: At 17, Layla Weston is already starting over. Having lost both her parents and grandparents, and with nowhere else to go, Layla is moving from Florida to a small town in North Carolina to live with the only family she has left: her estranged uncle and aunt. The last five years of Layla’s life were spent appeasing her less- than-loving grandmother, followed by being her grandfather’s caretaker. Growing old before her time, Layla lost her identity, she must learn how to allow herself to be loved and cared for once again. Life takes an unexpected turn when Layla meets Will Meyer. His breathtaking good looks are enough to catch her eye, but his sincerity and passion are everything she needs to find the strength and confidence she lost — and lead her into love. When tragedy once again strikes Layla’s life, her hope is all but completely crushed. Through it all, Layla learns what it means to truly love and be loved.

Publication Year: 2013


Review: I found this book to be very interesting. It was mysterious, dark at times, romantic in ways, and overall I just really liked it. I got it for free on Amazon the other day and thought, " Why not?" so here we are. After reading it I have to say I cannot wait to read the next two books in the trilogy. The characters are AMAZING and I wanted to help them with everything I had! I was beginning to get the creepy feeling from Marcus and I'm sad about that because I really liked him in the beginning. I felt like he would have made a really good friend to have, and while he did do some "friend-like" things, I just don't feel like he is doing it as a "friend" I think he has ulterior motives. Will...what can I say about gorgeous Will??? Not only is he drool worthy, but he finally has come out from under his father's thumb and stood up for himself, even though I feel like this could be the beginning of a HUGE journey for Layla and Will, and Layla's Aunt and Uncle. The way the book ends does leave you hanging, but luckily the other books are already out haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment