Friday, January 10, 2014

A January Bride ( A Year of Weddings, #2)




Publication Date:  December 24, 2013

Description: Who can work in a house that's overrun by contractors and carpenters? Not Madeleine Houser, a successful novelist who gladly accepts the help of her octogenarian friend, Ginny, to arrange for a temporary office in the charming bed and breakfast owned by Ginny's friend, Arthur. Maddie’s never met the innkeeper––but a friendship grows between them as Maddie and Arthur leave messages for each other each day. To Maddie’s alternate delight and chagrin, she seems to be falling for the inn’s owner––a man who's likely many years her senior––and who she’s never even met.

 Review: I received this book from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinion. Granted I'm just a tad behind on my review, however I have finally been able to read it and am now writing said review. This is the second book in the A Year of Weddings series and I have to say so far I'm not that impressed, I did enjoy the first book somewhat, it was a cute story, but this one was just okay. I expected more I guess. It was adorable how they each thought the other was an older person, and the little letters back and forth between them were cute as well. I did like the way the book is just a clean and fun read, but I can't rate this as more than a two and a half stars, but since that isn't an option I have rounded up. 

Buy It Here

No comments:

Post a Comment