Monday, June 17, 2013

The Deep Blue Good-by


The Deep Blue Good-by A Travis McGee novel by John D. MacDonald originally published in 1964 then again in 1992 by Maynard MacDonald and now in 2013 by Lee Child. I have to say this is a classic read that any age would love. This is type of book my granddad had on his bookshelf along with Miss Marple and Mr. Perot books.  There is something sexy about Travis McGee that makes you want to read about him and keep reading all the way to the end and more. The mystery this book entails is only part of what makes it so good. The way it was written  just calls to you in a way that certain books these days just don't. The descriptiveness of the words just amazes me. I mean even in the very beginning the description of his boat made me see it clear as day. I would recommend this book to woman, man, teenager, adult and rate it at four stars!! I look forward to reading the rest of the McGee series!!

No comments:

Post a Comment