Thursday, May 14, 2015

Until You Find Me( Untamed #1) by Amber Hart

22747258

Description



Raven Moore, a twenty-year-old college student from Michigan, feels out of place in the beautiful, treacherous jungles of Cameroon, staying in the habitat where her father gave his life to help protect endangered gorillas. He left home years ago; now Raven refuses to return home until she unravels the truth about his last days.

Raven certainly doesn't count on crossing paths with a handsome young hunter—especially one as charismatic and intense as Jospin Tondjii. Instantly, she’s hooked. But Jospin is hiding a dark truth: He is the heir to a powerful poaching empire, part of a ruthless black market that is responsible for the dwindling gorilla population.

Their fathers may have been enemies, but Raven and Jospin forge a bond that goes beyond blood, a relationship that is tested as Raven draws closer to the source of her father’s death. Can she and Jospin bear the weight of the secrets of the wild—and the secrets of their pasts? Or will the rain forest destroy them both?

My Review

***I received this ebook from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinions. I have not been compensated for my opinions.***

I have always found gorillas fascinating and enjoyed watching them either in the zoo or on TV. I found Raven a very messed up girl. Her father wasn't there for her like she needed him to be because he was in Africa with his gorillas and the habitat he helped form there. I found it interesting the way the author put it that he lived in Africa and vacationed to visit his family. Kind of a sad way to live. While Raven is in Africa to find out why her father died the way he did and why he wanted her to come visit and help out she is injured by the very gorillas he always loved more than her...or so she thinks. After this injury she goes though several stages, anger, disappointment and she is scared for awhile. She sets out to make weapons to keep a clear head and be able to protect herself in the event something were to happen again. While out and about she meets Jospin.

Jospin has secrets he doesn't want Raven to find out about and was very careful about what he told her. I laughed a few times because of the simple everyday questions we would ask someone and expect a reply back...only he wouldn't or couldn't answer those questions. He finds himself curious about her and wonders if she is trustworthy. Soon that doesn't matter though because he comes to care for her and wants her to belong to him. 

Raven is still trying to sort out her feelings about being in Africa and then there are her feelings about Jospin confusing her as well. When she develops a certain relationship..we will call it...with a gorilla in the habitat I was close to tears. I find myself wanting to believe the spirit of her father is in this gorilla.

While the whole book had me on edge of my seat the ending was just...wow!!! I was completely left hanging and wondering what in the world is going to happen next...There was so much danger and excitement and sadness going on that I was addicted to the book from page one and that never went away. I am rating this book in at four hearts and I am sooooo excited to read the next installment and find out what happens to Raven and Jospin!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment