Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Captured by You (Untamed #2) by Amber Hart

22675554


Description

In the passionate, gut-wrenching sequel to Amber Hart’s Until You Find Me, Raven and Jospin must fight for each other in a world where love is never safe—and power is deadly.

Raven, a college girl from Michigan, came to the jungles of Cameroon searching for closure. Falling for Jospin, a handsome, charismatic hunter with dark secrets of his own, was never part of the plan. But despite their differences, their attraction is addictive, as exhilarating and wild as the rain forest itself—and also as dangerous.

For the sake of both their lives, their heated affair must remain a secret. Raven wants justice for her conservationist father’s death; to help her, Jospin must turn his back on his own father and the only life he has ever known. Together they risk being hunted by a band of ruthless poachers, but they take the chance anyway, working to bring down their enemies between each stolen kiss.

But when one slip puts Raven’s life at stake, Jospin knows he must act. He has captured Raven’s heart—now can he set her free?

My Review

***I received a copy of this ebook from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinions. I have received no compensation and all opinions are my own.***

After having read the first boo in this series I was so freaking excited to continue the journey with this book.  I personally, loved the last story and hated being left hanging on whether Raven was going to survive her experience or not. Poor Jospin being banished and left on his own was terrible but I knew he would be able to take care of himself. 

Now on to my opinions!!! The author really summed up everything and didn't leave any unanswered questions. I love the way the book took a turn and we were getting an inside view of what happens inside Jospin's father's home and how he treats his people. When she shoots a man who would have shot her and he is captured and brought back to face the consequences, she is forced to watch what happens when people go against him. I secretly loved this part because of the way the author wrote it. I really could see it like I was there! 

There was way more going on in this book than the other because of the constant sneaking off to meet and Jospin trying to figure out her father's secrets. Raven was busy trying to destroy Jospin's father since he was the one who killed her father and ...oh my gosh just so much going on lol. I was never lost or confused though so there is that and although I had hopes that Raven would end up with someone else because I just really liked this other person because they were so sweet.....I was happy with the way things turned out although the person I liked ended up suffering a tragic loss that broke my heart. 

I love Raven's connection with her gorilla and the way they interacted especially at the very end. I swear I shed a tear lol. Overall this was a wonderful conclusion to the journey I began in the first book. I'm glad it carried on where it left off and that everything was answered. I am rating it in at four hearts and can't wait to read more by this author. 

No comments:

Post a Comment