Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Dominant


Nathaniel West doesn't lose control.  

These words and this cover were what grabbed my attention and why I requested to read this book. I never read the first book in the trilogy so I missed out on that and was a little lost in the beginning but I feel that I didn't really miss that much because there was so much in this book for me.  It tells of how Nathaniel basically stalked Abby in college because he had the hots for her even then, it tells how he secretly always wanted to be with her but was afraid she wouldn't want to be in the kind of relationship he needed. It goes into the relationship that they end up having that I have a few problems with, but that is only because I am not into the whole BDSM thing that much. I don't mind reading a few of the books now and again and reviewing them but the whole laying on the floor thing and not sleeping on a bed.... nah not for me. Plus I had a problem in the beginning with how he wasn't up front with her about his feelings. I understand it may have made him look.. I dunno maybe weaker in his eyes, but a dom is supposed to be trust worthy. If you cannot trust your dom then that is a scary thing I would think. I would have reacted the same way as she did also when he acted like their night together was nothing but a scene. The way she left I was cheering her on. The way he was so depressed and his friends had to help him I did begin to feel a little sorry for him. I was happy when they got back together though and they way he went about it was right. I am ready for the final book to come out so I can read it. I wonder what is in store for them next. I would rate this a four out of five.





No comments:

Post a Comment