Sunday, July 14, 2013

The Demon Lovers Boxed Set



Unbalanced: The first book in the boxed set in which we meet Addie who has lost her job, gotten drunk and is walking home. Unbeknownst to her she stumbles into something she never could have imagined. Hearing a cry for help leads her to a broken woman bleeding who bites her and says something about a curse and being hunted. Then when she finally makes it home she wakes up to find two gorgeous men in her home telling her she is their fulcrum. They take her to train her and she falls in love. There is one really decent sex scene but it could have been better I feel. 

Unbound: The second book in the boxes set has me feeling like I am watching a series like Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Angel with the way some of the action goes on. At least that is what I picture as I am reading. In this book one of Addie's men Jett has been bitten by another demon and has reverted back to his demonic form. He accidentally hurts her by changing ino this form during sex with her and Locan. Logan informs her she has to have sex with Jett in demon form and bite him to change him back. Easier said than done since Jett is now twice the size of himself. After much running around Jett knocks Lovan out and grabs Addie and runs off with her. When she is able to have sex with him I have to say I wasn't impressed especially with the description of what his demon looks like. I mean come on at least make him an attractive demon and not the way he looks.

Unmasked: Third book in the series wasn't doing it for me, I'm not sure what it was about it I didn't like.  We do learn more about where all these demons are coming from and how to get rid of some of them. Also that some of them aren't as bad as they appeared to be. This book takes our trio to Hollywood to a movie set where demons are using humans and what's new about that right. Well we meet a new cute little demon that I believe we will see more of since he had some extra book time. I'm a little confused as to why there wasn't more information as to why Addie want invisible to the main bad demon when she should have been though. It just confused me. As always there is some sex that is hot and steamy and although it is getting better I'm still not that impressed as there is so much more that could be done with this trio!

Unleashed: this book takes us forward to six months into the trios relationship they are in for something interesting this time around. They are called to Hawaii to help the goddess Pele who we find out Locan has had history with. She wants him they agree on one night. During this night he is kidnapped by her sister who is a terrible goddess and who torments and tortures him sexually. It's not a good way either, I feel so sorry for him. We also have a new character, a hell-hound that Addie decides to keep and loves ( not that way) but he belongs to someone and he won't say who. There is some secretive stuff going on with Locan in this book something about a dark part of him inside he has to deal with that the bad goddess has brought to life. I wonder what's next for this crazy trio. 

UndauntedThe final book in the boxed set finds us with Az, the hell-hound, having turned into a human. His owner is hunting for him and has taken some humans captive. The trio is now willing to help their friend but they feel something more than friendship for the man also. When Addie is taken to hell instead of Az, he tells the guys he will trade places with her so she can come back if there isn't any other way. They obviously find another way and our happy trio become a happy quad. There is a massive battle in here that has to be read to do it justice so I'm not spilling the beans!!! There is some discussion between the powers that be and the trio as to if they really think this type of relationship would work and if so would it work for everyone. They have to agree it is a unique situation but yes it will work. In the end they get their way and stay a quad. There is some seriously sexy romance in this one and I have to say it is my favorite of the books. Az is my favorite character so far. I do wonder what lies in store for them as they continue on together, and I wonder if there is going to be a following book. All in all I really enjoyed this boxed set and would rate it a four out of five. 

No comments:

Post a Comment