Friday, August 16, 2013

Wyrmeweald (Returner's Wealth)


This book was amazing from beginning to end! I have never read any books by Paul Stewart or Chris Riddell but I can say I will be checking out some of their previous works for sure now. This book grabs your attention from the very beginning and hold it hostage. I started this book with the intention of reading a few chapters and ended up reading the whole thing all day long. I couldn't put it down. I was in Wyrmeweald with these characters and felt their joy as well as their pain. Eli is by far my favorite character, and I know he shouldn't be since he isn't the main character, but what can I say? The man just calls to me in some way and the loss he suffers breaks my heart. I cried and sniffled for awhile over that tragic event. Micah is a great character as well and I did grow to care for him obviously, but I think his character just needed to grow a little and by the end of the book he was more in my liking. There were just some things in the beginning that made me think of him as a moron. Just the fact he fancied himself in love with someone and left thinking he would be able to win her by getting Returner's Wealth. You will find out what that is when you read the book! When we first meet him he is fighting to stay alive out on his own and would have died if not for good ole Eli. I love that Eli lets Micah come with him and agrees to teach him what he knows. I love the authors imagination of the world, all the creatures are amazing! The pictures of each one in the back of the book is incredible as well and helped me to picture them more easily.  I have to say I was a little sad when we meet Thrace, and was really happy her and Micah become close. The poor girl needs someone in her life besides her companion that has taken off.

Overall I loved this book and cannot wait to read more of Eli, Micah and Thrace's adventures! I would rate this book a five out of five stars!!  I received this book from the author via NetGalley for my honest opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment