Thursday, August 22, 2013

eXclave



These books were a bundled deal by Emily Ryan-Davis and included Claiming Lauren and Dominating Amy. I have never read any books by Emily Ryan-Davis and thought I would love to give it a go. I like reading BDSM from time to time because I love the relationship between the Dom and his Submissive, and that was the case in Claiming Lauren. She is an unhappy housewife who has an arranged marriage and her husband is never there. While searching online she finds Master and after awhile they arrange to meet but she isn't to see his face and she also has to tell her husband. Those are the rules. Disappointed that after calling her husband and telling him she is meeting a man and going to let him dominate her all he says is have a nice flight, she finally arrives to the hotel arranged by Master. It's here that he shows her how it can be. It made me sad that she thought she would never see him or hear from him again. Then when I read the big surprise I wasn't surprised because I had a feeling about Master. I thoroughly enjoyed Claiming Lauren and wanted it to just keep going and going, but alas it had to end.  

Now for Dominating Amy, well, I'm not much on books where the couple is married and yada, yada, yada they are having problems and aren't sure what to do but they love each other, blah, blah, blah. Amy finds that she is into BDSM and wants to submit, because her husband doesn't want anything to do with that she looks elsewhere. The problem I had with this book was the fact that even when her husband finally decides to give her what she wants she acts like a child. He gives her a rule and she breaks it right away, it's like she doesn't know what the hell she wants. I didn't care for the characters in this book either. Mac was better than  Amy, but they just annoyed me. Mac is constantly whining in his head about how he doesn't want to hurt Amy, even though he is clearly aroused by the thought of spanking her but no, no, no, that wouldn't do for him. Then there is  a scene where he does spank her and I thought it was going well, then when it's over she is crying and says that it hurt. Well no shit Sherlock, I thought. Then I knew that would hurt Mac's feelings because of his phobia of hurting her. Overall I just didn't care for this one.

Even though the books came together, I only cared for the first book Claiming Lauren so that is why I rated it a three star book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment