Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The Ashford Affair



The Ashford Affair was an EXCELLENT book! I was thoroughly entranced by it from beginning to end. 

When I first started reading it I loved reading how we started with Addie traveling to Africa and the things she went through on her journey, as well as how she felt when she first saw the landscape for the first time. Then our curiosity is aroused when we read her reaction to her cousins husband, I wondered after having read of how Bea looked and acted if she had somehow stolen Frederick from Addie. 

From reading about Addie to reading about Clemmie was interesting, I loved how it began with Addie's 99th birthday party and how I found out she had married Frederick! I was so excited and hoped I got to read more of her story from the past. When Jon comes into the picture I sensed some attraction and wondered where it would go. 

I read this book straight for two days, or rather I inhaled it I guess you could say. I loved the mystery surrounding Addie and Frederick and the attraction between Jon and Clemmie and how she was determined to find out the family secret. When Addie died I was sad but after finishing the book I have to say she lived a long and exciting life with her love Frederick. 

The thing I didn't like about the book was how Bea with no care in the world but to herself slept with Frederick for as long as she did when she had to know how Addie felt about him. I also hated Frederick at that point and thought it served him right to be in a loveless marriage. I also didn't like Aunt Anna and how she was so hateful towards Addie and how she couldn't wait to tell Clemmie the big secret. 

Overall I would rate this book a five out of five and I shall be recommending it to all my friends and family to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment