Monday, February 16, 2015

Out of Reach by Missy Johnson

21855596
Description
My best friend was dying and I was in love with his girl.

Andy and I had been best friends since we were eight-years old.
Watching him slowly fade away, ever closer to his final breath, made
me so incredibly angry. I knew there was nothing I could do to change it--I had given in to despair, but Andy had not. He had one last hand to play.

He wasn't going to simply sit back and wait for Death to claim him--not Andy. He was going to live life until he couldn't hold his eyes open any longer.

Andy didn't want to die in some sterile hospital and asked me to take him and Emily to the beach. It would be our last road trip together.

Emily. Emily was a problem for me.

I harbored a secret that would have torn our friendship apart. I was in love with Andy's girl, and had been since she'd walked into our sixth grade class, so many years ago.

So what kind of person am I? My best friend is dying, and it's
awful--but my heart still aches for his girl. I hate myself for
thinking beyond Andy's death and whether there could ever be a future for Emily and I, but I can't help it.

I'm in love with her.
  
Publication Date
May 7, 2014
My Review
Well, I just spent the better part of my day crying my eyes out while reading this book. I will tell you how it all began....I was trolling my Facebook to see what was going on when I saw a posting about how there were some books I could read on my Kindle Unlimited account by the author. While I haven't read her before I thought hey I like that cover so let me check it out. After reading what it was about I was even more intrigued. I don't know when the last time was that I cried this hard. It was a very ugly cry too....you know the kind....snot running, eyes red rimmed....that kind. So anyway I just have to throw in here how much I loved this book. Even though there were times I wanted to shout out at the injustice of life at what poor Andy is going though, it was well worth the tears and heartbreak to read it. I absolutely loved the tattoo he gets lol. I smiled so big when we were showed what it said. Poor Seth, going all these years being in love with someone while he knows he can never have her because then he would be betraying his best friend. The fact that he has never once acted out on his feelings in fourteen years says something wonderful about the kind of man he is. I know I fell for him more and more through the book. I loved the adventures they have and how enjoyable Andy found them. I even liked his nurse lol I know at first she was a little hard but she warmed up when Andy got ahold of her heart. Overall just a wonderful story and I am rating it in at five hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment