Friday, October 26, 2012

Jane Eyre Laid Bare


Jane Eyre Laid Bare is as the title insinuates, the classic novel Jane Eyre with an erotic twist. Jane first comes to Thornfield Hall to be employed as a governess, it is here she meets the lord and master of the home Mr. Rochester, and becomes instantly enamored by him. Jane has a sexual appetite that she feeds by touching herself  while frequently thinking of Mr.Rochester. Jane is so innocent in the ways of men that Mr. Rochester takes advantage of that by kissing her senseless at times as well as teasing her unabashedly. She falls head over heels for him and agrees to marry him only to find out he is currently married and his wife has been living upstairs the whole time awaiting Mr.Rochester to train Jane for the both of them to enjoy!

I thoroughly enjoyed the book as I have always loved the story of Jane as Charlotte Bronte told her story. I have never really related to Jane because I never lived in the situations she herself had to live in, but I always felt she was a heroine of sorts for being able to survive the terribleness her Aunt and cousin put her through, then surviving the death of her dear friend Helen. That takes a strong person I feel, then when she is to marry Mr. Rochester and learns of his previous marriage she is calm, I would have been throwing a fit, but what good would that do I wonder. I only write of the original novel because I wanted to make it clear that I am a fan of the book, while pointing out the differences in the novels. Jane Eyre Laid Bare is a very good book, it has all of the strength of Jane from the original novel and throws in her sexual appetites  from playing with herself in the bedroom to sneaking about and watching the butler having sex with a maid and playing with herself while watching. I have to say that having read both books I love the way that Eve Sinclare made me impatient to read what was on the next page. I couldn't stop reading it until I was finished and since then I have begun reading it again, just in case I missed something.

My favorite part of the book has to be when Mr. Rochester proposes to Jane and she agrees then gives herself to him finally. The way they were all over each other was very much the way most people would be having become engaged. I also loved when Mr.Rochester played the part of the fortune teller only to be able to spend time alone with Jane, I thought it was well played on his part.

The part I did not enjoy in the book is when we find out that Mr.Rochester is a submissive and is sent to train Jane only to have her join him and his wife. I really didn't enjoy that as I have always pictured Rochester as a dominate man, as well the author here wrote him out to be until the very end. It was just disappointing that Jane and he didn't end up together as they do in the original. Now on that note I didn't hate the fact that Jane runs away with the sole purpose of getting far away from Thornfiend Hall and Mr. Rochester forever. I applaud the girl for her courage to run even though she was deeply in love with Rochester and with him begging her to stay and claiming his true love for her.

Even though true love didn't win out for Jane in the end I still would rate this book high on my to read list and recommend it to those who love classics and always wondered what would happen if things were a bit differently written.

No comments:

Post a Comment