Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fifty Shades of Mr. Darcy


Fifty Shades of Mr. Darcy is a book by William Codpiece Thwackery and is basically a mockery of Pride and Prejudice with sexual overtones. Mrs. Bennett is obnoxiously loud and  vulgar  to the point that it became almost unbearable. I admit after just the first few pages I was hesitant to read the rest but wanted to give my honest opinion on this book so I forced myself to finish it. 

Don't get me wrong now, I love a parody when done right, but for some reason I was unable to connect with this one. When Mr. Darcy shows us his kinky kind of sex toys I was trying to find it funny, honest I was, but when someone is throwing tomatoes at someone I just don't get it. He has a fixation on watching Elizabeth eat and gets sexually turned on by it. I found it amusing when he told her he had buttered scone in his pocket for her and she searches for it in vain while he starts breathing rapidly obviously being turned on by her hand in his breeches searching around. Another silly part of this book was what the fifty shades are, he collects lamp shades of all shapes and sizes....seriously???

When Mr. Darcy asks Elizabeth to be his submissive I thought oh boy here we go maybe it will get good now. That would be a no, for a dominate he is a bit of a pansy I think, also he talks himself up a lot only to do nothing but spank her with toothbrush and a newspaper, even Elizabeth is yawning at this point.  One of the best parts of the book has to be when Elizabeth beats up Lady Cathrine, who is dressed as a dominatrix I might add which is quite funny. The only other good part I personally found in the book is when Elizabeth finally has sex with Mr. Darcy, after reading this I was thinking to myself FINALLY something happens. 

I realize the author attempted humor while writing this book and at times he accomplished it, however, I would sadly rate this book low on my to read list

No comments:

Post a Comment