Thursday, November 19, 2015

The Viking's Curse (Woodland Creek) by Xandra James


Description 

Woodland Creek Series. 
30 Authors. 30 Shifter Stories. 
http://woodlandcreekseries.com 

I'm cursed. There's no cure for what ails me. I'm part man, part draugar; a Viking warrior shifter who protects the dead. I'm a selfish bastard, numb to the world around me, surviving only to avenge my wife and mother's murder. One emotion —anger—keeps me alive. At least, it did until I met TJ Knight and my icy heart began to beat once more. 

I was all wrong for her yet I craved her in ways I never imagined. So making a deal with her to save that cute ass from a death mark probably wasn't the smartest thing I'd ever done. If I could manage to keep my hands off her, I might just stay in one piece. 

The other thing? It turns out we have a mutual enemy. If we can work together, we might be able to find and destroy him. Trouble is, now it seems I have to kill TJ to give her a chance at living. Killing was my favourite thing but bringing her back to life? Now that might prove a problem... 


**This is a standalone paranormal romance novella of 41,000 words** 




Please note this paranormal urban fantasy romance has themes of revenge and redemption, and it contains viking shifters, swords/ghosts and is a darker romance.

My Review 

***I received this ARC from the author in return for my honest opinions. All opinions are my own. ***

I have become lost in Woodland Creek with all these different stories in the same strange town lol. Therected is just something about the word Viking that grabs your attention! I mean I watch Ragnar on Vikings the show and LOVE HIM. All that violence and sexiness. This viking is something else! What an interesting twist to the story too.  While in his "Viking" I guess you could say, he is  completely different. A different being even, it was so very interesting and I loved it. 

I really enjoyed the story, poor T.J getting the Mark of Death was only the beginning and the story just gets better and better. I loved the first demon that came to kill her hahaha. I do wish there was a bit more detailed back story on the deceased wife. But I'm not going to complain too much. Overall good book I rated it in at four stars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment