Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Hot Secrets (Tall Dark and Deadly #1) by Lisa Renee Jones


Description:

Royce Walker, a former FBI Agent, who’s opened a private security firm with his brothers, has always had the hots for the prim, proper Assistant District Attorney, but considered her hand’s off because of a family connection. However, when danger threatens Lauren, he isn’t willing to stand by and watch her get hurt. Now the passion for survival is only rivaled by the passion burning between them. And that passion, might just be the death of them both.

Publication Date:
January 24, 2012

Review:

**I received this book from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinion.**

I liked the idea behind the story in this book and I loved how the author made you really wonder who the bad guy was until closer to the end. I personally would have preferred she leave it as a surprise until the climactic ending though lol, but WOW what an ending!  I love a shocker!  Lauren is a great character, I was able to relate to her on certain levels. I understand why it's hard for her to trust after what she went through, however, I have a big problem with her never listening when she is told to do something for her own safety. Sheesh, I just knew that something bad was going to happen to her all the time lol. Royce is HOT, HOT, HOT and I wanted him like crazy. I'm jealous actually haha. The brothers aren't so bad either. Overall I would rate this book at a high four stars because of the excitement alone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment