Friday, December 21, 2012

Cold Light


I haven't read the first book in the After Trilogy, but after reading Cold Light I have already ordered it on my kindle and will be reading it within the next few days. The way Traci L. Slatton has created the After world is amazingly real to a reader. I can picture it easily in my mind without even trying too hard. The characters in the book are very easy to  relate to  as well. The way people have to live now really hits home and makes me wonder if I would even be able to do that. Life without phones and computers and even tvs...kinda scary. As I previously stated I haven't read the first book but the way the author fills us in at different places in the book tells some of what I missed in the book. I didn't feel lost at all.

I have to say that I can only imagine how Emma must feel to be so deeply in love with Arthur and yet be married to Haywood. She does love Haywood as we know since she leaves with him and Beth her daughter to go back where they came from. She is deeply saddened to be leaving Arthur though and my heart goes out to her. I cannot wait to read the next part of the story to find out if Haywood survives and if so then does she still stay with him or does she go with true love and leave him and be with Arthur? I would rate this book a 4 out of 5 and recommend it to all my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment