Friday, March 31, 2017

Still Waters (Greenstone Security #1) by Anne Malcom



Title: Still Waters
Series: Greenstone Security #1
Author: Anne Malcom
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: March 31, 2017

Description

There’s a phrase: Still waters run deep.
But there’s more to it than that.
Because "still" doesn’t denote peace. Nor calm. Nor happiness.
It’s an illusion. It's chaos.
The only way to handle chaos is to become it.
That’s what Lucy did. She created stillness out of the chaos tumbling inside her and called the most chaotic motorcycle club in the United States her family.
The Sons of Templar gave her chaos, friendship, family, danger and death.
But she wouldn't want it any other way.
Then he came. The one who showed her that her handle on chaos was tumultuous at best.
Showed her how to stand still.
And how good it could be.
And how drowning in those waters comes as easy as breathing.

a3bcb-still2bwaters2bteaser2b2
My Review

***I received an ARC of this book from the Author via Give Me Books Promotions for the purpose of an honest review. I was not compensated for this review and all conclusions are my own.***

My obsession with Anne Malcom began in August of 2016 when I discovered (Purely by accident mind you.) Making the Cut (Sons of Templar #1). It was then I was drawn into a a world created by Anne full of sexy bikers with alpha personalities who would do anything for each other and the women they love. 
I cannot tell you how quickly I INHALED what was available in that series! ( August 8th through the 10th) That's right, and I'm not ashamed either!!! It took me three days to inhale the first four books and only one day before I started following (stalking) her on social media LOL!  
While I have since read the rest of the  Sons of Templar series that are available and the spin off Unquiet Mind #1 and #2, I also attacked The Vein Chronicles as soon as it I was able , but I must admit that they are never enough!! I am always left wanting..No NEEDING MORE!!! So when I she announced this book and how it would have some characters from the SOT series I have been chomping at the bit raring to go! 
We have met these two before in the SOT so we have a small idea of who they are, but I let me tell you...what you think you know and what you are going to learn are two completely different things.  This isn't your average everyday love story, no, it's full of pain and angst and heartbreak. 
Lucy has been best friends with Rosie for what felt like forever, so being around the Sons of Templar was the norm for her. So was her being at one of their parties drinking it up. While she considered them her family, she had rules...Rules that said "No horizontal tango" with said bikers. Lucy also has some demons she tries to deal with when it comes to relationships, but when she sees the gorgeous guy arrive at the party sans cut she thought it was a move in the right direction lol. 
Keltan we also met in the SOT series under such heartbreaking circumstances that I won't name since you may be one of the ones that haven't read the series yet. But needless to say he has his own issues he is working around and when he meets Lucy who he immediately dubs Snow ( which is so freaking romantic lol) in his sexy accent. 
What follows is the most amazingly written story that you will get lost in. You will not want to put down the book because you will be lost in the world where love isn't as easy as some make it out to be and issues we hold inside aren't so easily shoved aside just because we fall for someone. It isn't the fairy tale we grew up reading with the happily ever after, but it is a love story of the ages. 
This is the first in her new series and I absolutely loved every minute of it. There were times I wanted to shake the hell out of her and yell at him to not do what I knew he was going to do. There were times I was cheering her on and saying "You go girl," but also times I was yelling at the book and my hubby thought I was insane. Yes... Overall this is an OUTSTANDING book and I cannot wait to read more!!! 









Purchase Links

AMAZON US / UK / CA / AU

Free in Kindle Unlimited






Author Bio

Anne Malcom has been an avid reader since before she can remember, her mother responsible for her book addiction. It started with magical journeys into the world of Hogwarts and Middle Earth; then as she grew up her reading tastes grew with her. Her obsession with books and romance novels in particular gave Anne the opportunity to find another passion, writing. Finding writing about alpha males and happily ever afters more fun than reading about them, Anne is not about to stop any time soon.

Raised in small town New Zealand, Anne had a truly special childhood, growing up in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. She has backpacked across Europe, ridden camels in the Sahara, eaten her way through Italy, and had all sorts of crazy adventures. For now, she's back at home in New Zealand and quite happy. But who knows when the travel bug will bite her again?



Author Links

No comments:

Post a Comment