Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Filthy Rich by Virna DePaul



Description

High finance and a sizzling office affair raise desire and passion to the boiling point in Virna DePaul’s seductive new contemporary romance—perfect for fans of Carly Phillips, Lori Foster, and Molly O’Keefe.

Cara Michal has had to fight every step of the way to earn her place in the glittering seven-figure world of Wall Street. Years ago her hardworking father, a small-time investment adviser, was humiliated and wrongfully accused of fraud. Now Cara is at the top of her game, trying to support not only herself but her mother and brother. The occasional night out dancing soothes Cara’s soul, even as a bitter need for revenge against the man who destroyed her father makes inner peace elusive.

Then, in a moment of heat, Cara kisses a sexy stranger at a party—only later to discover that the man is Branden Duke, her new boss, an infamous operator with a wicked reputation in bed and on the Street. Branden is a man who seemingly has it all—except a woman who connects with him on a physical and emotional level. Now that he’s found Cara, he’s not sure he can let her go, even if he should.

In spite of herself, Cara is drawn to this charismatic guy. He is a challenge like none she has ever faced in her life. Their passion for each other is unquenchable, surprising them both with its ferocity. Even as Cara wonders if she can trust this man with her heart and soul, the ecstasy of their love cannot be denied. But when the past threatens the present, the two are faced with a truth from which they may never recover

My Review 

***I should first state that I received this ARC from NetGalley and the publisher in return for my honest opinions. All opinions are my own. ***

When I was given the opportunity to review this book, I got really excited. While I have only read one other book by this author I throughly enjoyed that book so I had high hopes of this one being good. Cara works way too hard I'm surprised she hasn't killed herself by now with all the work she does. When she finds herself drawn to a mysterious stranger at a party, things got really interesting. When she finds out the very next day that not only does she have to deal with her mysterious stranger more often, but also that he has bought the company that she works at, the s*** hit the fan.

While these two are working on trying to figure out their feelings for each other, there is darkness looming closer. Someone is watching her, someone is watching him for that matter. The thing that they cannot figure out is why they are being watched and who is doing the watching. Now they have their suspicions and he has people investigating who may be responsible, but it just raises more questions.

I can only tell you that towards the very end of the book things got so exciting my heart rate was up! Not only are these two very sexy and steamy and hot together, but this scary someone finally comes out of the woodwork and we get to see just how crazy they are. Overall I'm reading this book in it four stars, I for one enjoyed the story, craziness and all, I can't wait to read more books by this author.

No comments:

Post a Comment