Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Bringing Home The Bad Boy by Jessica Lemmon

22046574

Description


Evan Downey needs a new beginning. Since the death of his wife five years ago, the brilliant tattoo artist has shut himself away in a prison of grief that not even his work can break him out of-and what's worse, Evan knows his son Lyon is bearing the brunt of his seclusion. Moving back to the lake town of Evergreen Cove where he spent his childhood summers is his last chance for a fresh start. 

Charlotte Harris knows she owes it to her best friend's memory to help Evan and his son find their way again, but she can't stop her traitorous heart from skipping a beat every time she looks into Evan's mesmerizing eyes. Charlotte is determined to stay strictly in the Friend Zone-until a mind-blowing night knocks that plan by the wayside. Now, if they're brave enough to let it, Charlotte and Evan might just find a love capable of healing their broken hearts . . .



Publication Date

January 27, 2015

My Review

*** I received this copy from the publisher and NetGalley in return for my honest opinions.***

I LOVED THIS BOOK!!! I had previously read one other book by this author and enjoyed it so when I was offered this opportunity I jumped at it. It was such a sweet and sad book all in one! The devastating loss that Evan and his son have gone through with the death of his wife is just heartbreaking. The fact that his wife's best friend was able to stay in their lives and tell his son about his mom from her memories is fantastic, I would only hope that someone would do that for me if the situation were the same. When Evan moves to where Charlotte is for a fresh start he is surprised by his feelings for her that grow . She had always liked him and when her best friend got him she pushed her feelings aside and was really happy for them. When  her friend died she was heartbroken for them all, but when she lives that close to him and her feelings start to show she feels guilt and shame because he was her best friends hubby not for her. 

I loved the way they worked through their feelings and the situations they found themselves in. Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book and the message behind it...or the message I got from reading it anyway. I would recommend this book to all my friends because it is such a good story and I"m sure everyone will find their own messages in it. I am rating this book in at five hearts!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment