Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Back In My Life by Marie C.R.



Romance / Erotica
Date Published: February 27, 2016


Back in my Life is a story set in the beautiful cities of New York and Chicago. This story is not the typical and simple "boy meets girl, boy and girl get marry story." This story is a powerful story that shows how real and unselfish love truly looks like. The love between Ruby and Clyde is an amazing and genuine love that survived everything that came in between them—even the most painful experiences that destiny had planned for them.

During a college internship at a prestigious New York magazine, Ruby Sparks (a journalist graduate student from Chicago) meets Clyde Holt, (a fellow intern and a creative photography student from a London based college) whom from day one became Ruby's obsession and the new reason for her existence. After developing strong feelings for her emotionally unavailable friend, Ruby finds herself trapped in a whirlpool of emotions while trying to earn her friend's love. What Ruby doesn't know is that while she is looking for true love, Clyde's presence in her life came with a different purpose.



Excerpt One
Damn it, Ruby. Please, tell me you said no,” said Bradley the moment his girlfriend Ruby told him that she had received the news about her acceptance for an internship she had applied to a couple of months ago at a New York's famous magazine, The Eyes of New York.
Working for that magazine had always been Ruby's most desired dream. The kinds of articles that the magazine was in charge of publishing were exactly the ones that Ruby wanted to write. She knew that going to New York was one of her most wanted dreams and she was more than ready to get her stale life moving. What she didn't know was that Bradley, the love of her life, wasn't going to support her dreams. It never crossed her mind that he was going to have an issue with her accepting the internship if it was offered to her. And once she realized that, her world collapsed in front of her eyes. She knew that things were never going to be the same between them. But she also knew that she needed to defend what was important to her or she would regret it for the rest of her life.   
“How am I going to say no, Bradley? You know what this means to me. For years, I have been trying to get accepted, and now that I finally did, you are expecting me to walk away from it? No, Bradley. Sorry, but no. I can't do that,” she said, knowing that this was probably the beginning of a long argument between them.
Bradley had never given Ruby any reason to stand up and defend something against him. In all the years they spent together, he treated her like a queen. She had never felt so loved in her life and &no& was never the answer for any of her questions. But this time was different. She was hearing a &no& for the first time and wasn't sure how to react to it other than getting strength from nowhere to try to defend what she wanted to do. She loved Bradley with her life, but she also wanted to become a famous writer as much as she wanted to become Bradley's wife. The problem was that Bradley wasn't taking it. He was completely against her going to New York, and the worst part was that he wasn't planning to budge.  
“Well, if that’s the case, then you can kiss our relationship good-bye, Ruby. I want you to know that the moment you get on that plane, you can consider our relationship over. I'm not going to stand here and wait for you while you play writer in New York,& said Bradley, using that controlling tone that was characteristic of him—the same tone that, most of the time, made Ruby comply with whatever he wanted her to do, but that, at the same time, made her fall deeply in love with him. He was a controlling man—yes he was. Maybe the ten years difference between them had something to do with the way he behaved toward her. But the control that he exercised over her was what made Ruby feel secure and protected. She loved feeling protected, but now it was different. She wasn't feeling protected anymore, she was feeling controlled, and she didn't like it.  


After hearing Bradley threaten her with breaking off their engagement, Ruby freaked out. Tears started to run down her cheeks, but without hesitating, she fought back. “Don’t you dare put this on me. You knew from the moment you met me that becoming a writer was one of my biggest dreams and, at that time, you had no problems with it. I hoped you could understand how important this was for me but if that’s how you feel, I guess I have nothing else to say to you. Bye, Bradley. Have a nice life. And, for what it’s worth, I hope you never regret this.”



I have been writing for pleasure for the past couple of years, but this is the first time I do a book tour so I am very excited for it. Writing is my passion, and I enjoy using real-life stories as the basis for my novels, but giving them a little twist to make them more melodramatic and breath-taking. I am also the author of Pamela's Confessions and Confesiones del Alma. I currently live in Florida with my husband and three children.

Contact Information

Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment